torachan: takatsuki & nitorin from hourou musuko (trans kids)
Travis ([personal profile] torachan) wrote2026-08-17 08:30 pm
Entry tags:

Daily Happiness

1. One of our store managers was recently promoted to area manager (very happy for him and we really need another area manager), but the person HQ wanted to take over the store when this guy was promoted turned it down due to the commute. And then their second choice turned it down for the same reason. But finally today we got the good news that the third time was the charm and I actually think the person who accepted will be the best fit. She had previously not been that interested in moving up from assistant manager to manager and also had complained about a transfer from a store close to her house to just across town, so I didn't have high hopes for her accepting a transfer to a store ~35 miles away, but I guess she changed her mind in both regards. I'm very glad that's all sorted now and looking forward to seeing how she does in her new position. I'm also excited to be working with the new area manager, who I originally trained as an assistant manager when he first joined the company and have worked with as his area manager off and on over the years as well. I think he'll make a good area manager.

2. It looks like we may be finally getting close to finalizing a new timeline for the Big Project. It might end up being delayed a full year from the original go live date, which is a bit annoying, but at this point I just want to have things nailed down. Even if it changes again in the future (though I hope at this point it doesn't), it's so up in the air now and I feel like I can't plan anything.

3. Chloe!

lunabee34: (Default)

[personal profile] lunabee34 2026-08-18 08:48 pm (UTC)(link)
Big Project sounds so mysterious. LOL
lunabee34: (Default)

[personal profile] lunabee34 2026-08-20 10:22 am (UTC)(link)
Heeeee.
adafrog: (Default)

[personal profile] adafrog 2026-08-18 10:05 pm (UTC)(link)
3. :)