1. Guys, New Super Mario Bros Wii U is so awesome. *_* The graphics are just amazing, even compared to the Wii version you can really see a huge difference. The gameplay is, of course, the same old sidescrolling Mario gameplay we've known and loved for decades, but that is a feature not a bug to me. :D There is a new suit for Mario, a flying squirrel (which looks a bit like tanuki Mario SMB 3), and perhaps more? So far I've only played the first world, so I really don't know! (At one point I watched a let's play of world one and part of world two, but I didn't want to spoil myself too much so I didn't watch any more, and also that was a while ago so I don't really remember.)
The Wii U controller is pretty neat. At first I found the size off-putting, but I got used to it quickly. I like that I could play it like a handheld game if I wanted to (and since the controller is huge, the screen is much bigger than the DS screen).
I also found a tutorial on how to transfer your save files from the Wii to the Wii U, which seems more complicated than it should be, but only requires a 512 MB memory card, which I happened to have in my camera, so I don't have to go out and buy one.
2. Irene and I walked down to Whole Foods and the 99 Cent Store today. I never go to the big 99 Cent Store because there's one right on the way to work which is much more convenient (though like half the size). I also hadn't been to Whole Foods in ages because in general I find it best to avoid altogether than to go and see all the super tasty but expensive food that I can't afford to buy. :p We splurged a bit today, though, and bought four types of cheese, including a stilton with chunks of mango and ginger, which I ate almost all of already.( cheese party! )
Since we were down by the tattoo place where Irene had gotten her ears pierced a few years ago, I wanted to stop in and get another couple holes in my ear. Ever since I had to let the second hole close up because it wasn't healing properly, I have wanted to get it redone professionally and have also been thinking about getting a third one higher up, but I just never seem to actually getting around to going out and doing it. Unfortunately when we went in the woman behind the counter said she no longer had a piercer so they just do tattoos now. :( She said she thought one of the tattoo places a little further down the street did piercings, but I didn't feel like going any further, so just gave up for the day.
3. Alexander came over in the evening and he and Irene watched me play Mario and then we ordered Thai and watched Kung Fu Panda. He went home tonight and has a thing in the morning, but then will be back to spend the rest of tomorrow and Sunday here as well. :D
4. It's so nice to have more than one day off in a row! We have plans for tomorrow afternoon and evening, but I can sleep in again in the morning.
5. I reactivated my Netflix account tonight. I have been planning to do it a some point this month because while I know that there will be torrents of Arrested Development, I really want to show my support for the new season, so I'm actually going to watch it on Netflix. (Not sure if I will keep the account going after the season ends or not. On the one hand I really don't mind paying to watch stuff since I can certainly afford $8 a month right now, but I really hate watching stuff in the browser instead of in VLC.) I decided to go ahead and do it now, though, so that we can use it while Irene is here if we want. (Though Alexander has brought his Apple TV over and Irene has a harddrive full of movies, so we may not actually use it.)